Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 3.5 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
62.50%
5 62.50%
Thunder
37.50%
3 37.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 33: DAL (21-12) @ OKC (18-15) | 101-106 loss
The first game I gotta watch Luka a full game.  Man, he is special.  It appears our plan was to make others win and take ball out of his hands.  And he still had 35/10/7.  He made so many plays all game long I just don’t see any blame on him.  He is 20 years old and was being doubled a lot.  I think Mavs are just missing a few pieces roster wise plus were missing a key piece tonight.  It was a road game.  Luka might have tried too hard at end but I admire his competitive spirit and tenacity.  He is who kept you in the game as well.

As for Thunder this is completely unexpected for me.  I think Billy should be in running for coach of year.  My suspicions are it was hard for him to come into an established team and make his mark, his system.  Now that KD/Russ/PG/Melo are gone he is running his system.  Combined with CP really leading the youngsters.  We have some young athletic players who can wear you out.  SGA, Diallo, Bazley, Ferg and Burton.  Then some youngish talent in Gallo, Dennis, Adams, Nader and Noel.  Then CP.  But Dennis should be 6th man he makes our bench work plus closer.  And is sneaky on defense.  The way Billy has got these guys playing when no one including me gave us any chance to compete.  I am shocked at our record and this is an unexpected season.  Seems more fun than prior years because we had no expectations whereas in other years they seemed to coast to playoffs and never really worked hard to get in sync.  This team is scrappy and no matter how far down they play til buzzer.

I think Mavs will be fine.  As fans we want to win every game but in reg season losses can be bigger learning tools than wins sometimes.  You went from lotto team to top team fast.  There will be lulls during the long season but I still think you have a top 4 west team.  Lots of BB to play and also deals to be made as well.

You have at least 15 years of winning ahead this is year 1.  Doncic is going to break records.  He is also built tough and that will serve him well.  Look at the bigger picture you have a bright future ahead as fans. 

I wish each and every one of you a Happy New Year.  I am going to be tickled pink if Thunder make playoffs but we won’t go anywhere and I’m ok with it.  I am also looking forward to watching Mavs in playoffs and I think you will get home court for at least 1st round.  And your arena will be rocking after the wait.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 33: DAL (21-12) @ OKC (18-15) | 101-106 loss - by ThunderMav - 12-31-2019, 11:07 PM