Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: BOS gets KP+#25+2024 FRP, WAS gets Jones+Gallo+Muscala+#35, MEM gets Smart
I am not sure what to think of the trade. Two typically smart franchises though in Boston and Memphis, so I want to give them some benefit of the doubt.

On the surface, I like what the Celtics did.    Dicey to expect Horford to be as solid as he was last year at his age and Williams is always hurt.  So is KP, but if he is ready to be a 3rd or 4th offensive option he will fit in there really well.  Question though, is a extension a part of this trade?  If this is a one year trial, I like it better.  If it is extending KP for 35 million range, it is a little more iffy.

For Memphis, I have always been a big Tyus Jones fan.  I thought they would keep him with Ja's suspension, but there were rumors they would try to move him when his value is high and give him the opp to be a starter.  I am less certain on Smart.  He does fit the template of what they like though.  I see the vision, but the lack of shooting on that team is a little concerning.  But Memphis typically thinks a few steps ahead in their moves and I would be surprised if they do not have another move coming this summer.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: BOS gets KP+#25+2024 FRP, WAS gets Jones+Gallo+Muscala+#35, MEM gets Smart - by Chicagojk - 06-22-2023, 08:15 AM