Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Wood You Consider Spending Over the First Apron
(06-17-2023, 09:05 PM)Dahlsim Wrote: My point about surface player to player comparison in your initial reply is that its a different type of comparison than what I was commenting on.  You're getting below the surface into more detail now when you compare the players as to how they are used and perform in terms of distribution vs rebounding etc.  Not my point at all. 

In fact my point was that the way a player, even an elite talented player performs depends a great deal on the role they play in a roster or rotation and the way a coaching staff leverages or fails to leverage their talents. 

Your comments for example on Jokic now are in complete retrospect given the results of the way he has performed in Denver and on Ayton its a reflection of the way he's been used in Phoenix with the roster surrounding him there.  

As I pointed out if it were so clear how awesomely unique Jokic is and how dominant he would therefore be then he would not ever have been drafted #41 by the great NBA minds would he?   Sure its easy to see that now but even a few years ago there was far from universal agreement on how dominant Jokic talents could become.  I'm saying that is also due to the excellent way in which Denver leverages his talents,  reduces the impact of his weaknesses and surrounded him with a great complementary roster. 

Watching Ayton I'm not saying I'm certain but I do see clear potential that he could still live up to his high draft pedigree.  Right now playing as a center with ball dominant scoring stars like Devon Booker and now Kevin Durant doesn't necessarily maximize his talents. Centers in particular are very dependent on how they are used or not used.   

Paying close attention to Ayton's game, yes I do think Ayton/Luka could very well be as dominant a combo to try and defend as Jokic/Murray.  Luka is great at making his 5 man effective IMO however I'm not sure that Kidd is disposed to really press and run an advantage like that into the ground forcing an opponent to stop it. 
This is why I said ultimately a different less offensively skilled center might be the choice for Dallas.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/3-r...r-AA1cGZcI

When people show you who they are, believe them.  3 years/$104m based upon what he *could be?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ghost of Podkolzin's post:
  • Dahlsim
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wood You Consider Spending Over the First Apron - by Ghost of Podkolzin - 06-21-2023, 02:48 PM