Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What would be your perfect Mavs draft outcome?
(06-18-2023, 07:20 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: I agree with this.  It is not 100% but typically trading back for multiple things leaves you with a bunch of spare change down the road.  Again, there are exceptions.  So my #1 choice is to hit the 10 pick.  We don’t need a star, but if you can draft someone who can play and grow now, that would be my choice.  

But that doesn’t appear to be the mavs#1 route.  When I hear some trade down names, most would be better short term upgrades.  But I am not sure anything is there in two years.   So if we were to trade the pick, I think I would be in favor of a guy in the mid  to later 20’s who may have worn out there welcome.  The Ayton level.  But this would require a heart to heart talk with these guys before I committed.  Note, the new CBA may make this a non starter but if feasible I think I could be talked into it.

Let me add, tied to keeping the pick would also be a trade to 11, 12, 13 and getting a player you would have taken at 10
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would be your perfect Mavs draft outcome? - by Chicagojk - 06-18-2023, 08:10 AM
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 06-18-2023, 03:50 AM