Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What would be your perfect Mavs draft outcome?
(06-17-2023, 07:21 PM)khaled1987 Wrote: Such trades rarely works tbh. Trading down multiple times is usually not worth it.
Perfect scenario will be to nail the pick, to actually get the bpa regardless who he is or where you pick (whether we trade up or down)

I agree with this.  It is not 100% but typically trading back for multiple things leaves you with a bunch of spare change down the road.  Again, there are exceptions.  So my #1 choice is to hit the 10 pick.  We don’t need a star, but if you can draft someone who can play and grow now, that would be my choice.  

But that doesn’t appear to be the mavs#1 route.  When I hear some trade down names, most would be better short term upgrades.  But I am not sure anything is there in two years.   So if we were to trade the pick, I think I would be in favor of a guy in the mid  to later 20’s who may have worn out there welcome.  The Ayton level.  But this would require a heart to heart talk with these guys before I committed.  Note, the new CBA may make this a non starter but if feasible I think I could be talked into it.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would be your perfect Mavs draft outcome? - by Chicagojk - 06-18-2023, 07:20 AM
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 06-18-2023, 03:50 AM