Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Porzingis Postup Debate - Rick Carlisle vs TNT
(12-27-2019, 10:35 PM)Tyler Wrote: LOL.  Morey gets it.

https://twitter.com/dmorey/status/1210607162298392576

Feels like a troll to me. How many times do Rox post up anybody? It's not just because they don't have a guy with a good post up game. They don't acquire those guys. Westbrook might post up occasionally? That's the only one I can think of.

KP isn't a good post up player and post ups aren't efficient.

To those who say yes but you draw more fouls. You also turn the ball over more and KP can draw fouls from the 3 point line when he drives after a pump fake. People are slow to come around. For years the Mavs were screwed because they could never get a big man of the quality of Duncan or Shaq. The game has changed. It's pace and space y'all.

We have the number offense and people want KP taking low percentage shots. Early in the year I thought he should do more face up in the post vs back to the basket. I still think that's true, he can improve his post up looks but in the end it's never going to be highly efficient. The way you win is 3s and paint shots.

As far as Luka post ups go he does it every so often but again he's more effective with the dribble at the top of the point line. He gets to the basket with ease and is a master at finding open guys. The post up look for him is really just a way to mix things up once or twice a game. Again if it ain't broke don't fix it. What the Mavs need to improve more than anything is late game execution and defense. Their defense is good but it needs to get better to go deep in the playoffs. Late game execution isn't great. I think it's something that will get better with time as guys get more used to each other and as everyone gains experience.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Porzingis Postup Debate - Rick Carlisle vs TNT - by StepBackJay - 12-28-2019, 09:35 AM