Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Wood You Consider Spending Over the First Apron
(06-11-2023, 02:36 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: ^Good stuff!

What about another angle? The hope would be that Cle wants THJ more than Wood. With that premise, THJ and 27 for Allen. I prefer it that way cause Bos has very little need for another minute needing G on the team. We then SnT Wood for SnT Williams. Bos perimeter defense is good enough to help Wood on D. He could be a good fit and we get Williams who would fit here really well. I’d prefer to keep Maxi coming off the bench if we’re gonna keep him. If not, Mem could use someone to round out their big rotation, Maxi fits that spot well too. Maxi and 2030 SRP for SnT Brooks.

Luka/Kyrie/Brooks/Williams/Allen
Hardy/Green/Bullock/Hendricks/Powell 

That is a stout team.

Thanks.  Are you envisioning all of that happening with Dallas staying under the first apron?  If so, great, but that isn't why I made this its own thread (and if Dallas isn't staying under the first apron, then the deals with Boston and Memphis aren't legal).  

I did this as a thread to concentrate on what it might look like to spend all you could this season while leaving yourself a path to get back under next season (whether Cuban would do this is a valid, but separate question).  Wood might create a path to maximizing what we have left after making trades., but it requires that we not bring back anyone in a S&T or have a trade match greater than 10% above our outgoing.  It also requires a trading partner who can stay under the first apron after such a deal.

Also, for the sake of clarity to the board, I wasn't trying to create just create a thread about Allen trades.  I saw Wood as valuable there because Cleveland is just awful at offense.  That isn't the case with Boston.  Additionally, can Boston even accept a S&T for Wood?  My guess would be no.  It might be interesting to see if anyone sees additional or better ways to use a Wood S&T.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • Dahlsim
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wood You Consider Spending Over the First Apron - by DanSchwartzgan - 06-11-2023, 03:10 PM