Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
NEWS: China upset w/ NBA...NBA will lose $400 million
(10-11-2019, 12:53 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(10-11-2019, 12:31 PM)ThunderMav Wrote: Its ok that we disagree and I never hate anyone who disagrees with my opinion.  But people who are in positions like Kerr should refrain from it lest their words come back on them.  Maybe you didn’t see his latest remarks?  I don’t like that sports got into politics but they did so when it was convenient for them.  

Here is a great article about Kerrs latest remarks:

Dude! Kerr did not "Compare Genocidal Chinese Dictatorship To Americans Being Killed By Rifles".  I just read Kerr's quote over and over again to try to understand the author's point. Kerr did not compare China's issues to ours. There is not way you can diagram those sentences and show me where he did that.

If you think that's a great article, then we're just a million miles away from seeing eye to eye on this. That  article and that website look like complete click bait garbage.

This quote is ridiculous: "You’d think expressing support for democracy instead of communism would be a winning idea."

The author has no idea what Steve Kerr thinks about democracy, communism, China's cultural revolution in the 80s, the killing of millions of folks because of religion, keeping Muslims in a concentration camp, or the standoff between China and protesters in Hong Kong, because Kerr didn't say anything about it! Why is Kerr or anyone else required to give someone with a microphone a dissertation on these topics? 

A good example of why people need to be more discerning of the information they choose to believe. Articles or tv stories that paint one side as evil or this or that are designed to use the outrage they generate to cultivate bias and create more clicks and revenue. It is a cynical practice that only disseminates misinformation and creates division for the sake of profit. 

And, I know plenty of people who can both disagree with Trump yet still support freedom of speech and expression, recognizing the repressive regime in China and support Morey's right to tweet about it. These are not mutually exclusive. Individuals, like the truth, are more complicated and nuanced than that.

Now... (for me at least) its back to basketball!
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: China upset w/ NBA...teams planning for 20-21 salary cap to drop up to 15% - by LifeAquatic - 10-11-2019, 02:00 PM