Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
NEWS: China upset w/ NBA...NBA will lose $400 million
(10-11-2019, 12:09 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote:
(10-11-2019, 12:00 PM)fifteenth Wrote: But that doesn't mean that everyone in the U.S. who refrains from comment is stupid. They may just prefer to actually know what they're talking about before speaking.

So true.

I saw some celebrity post a picture from a photoshoot in Israel and she was getting blasted for not calling out Israel in regards to the whole Palestinian conflict.

She is just some girl who sings and does photoshoots yet she is supposed to know enough to take sides on such a complex issue. People can't be experts on everything. It's madness out there these days.

Yeah, talk about complicated! That's a conflict that's thousands of years old! And many of the folks raging about that issue do so because siding with the Palestinians has become part of the in vogue position some how. Before folks give me their opinion on that one I want them to give me a paper on the Ancient Near East, the great empires that traded taking Canaan and Israel for themselves, the people groups that lived in that area from the time of Assyria through the Ottoman Empire, the history of antisemitism, how all of these things played into the World Wars, a recounting of the 6 day war, a history of the goals of pro-Palestinian groups through the decades, a recounting of all violence done by both sides, a history of all past treaties and accords, and an essay on why a solution has not been reached.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: China upset w/ NBA...teams planning for 20-21 salary cap to drop up to 15% - by fifteenth - 10-11-2019, 12:35 PM