Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
NEWS: China upset w/ NBA...NBA will lose $400 million
(10-11-2019, 12:00 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(10-11-2019, 10:58 AM)ThunderMav Wrote:
(10-11-2019, 09:49 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote: Let´s take it back to basketball. Genius move by Morey. Now that the Rockets are already millions and millions over the cap, he´s sabotaged the cap to be reduced by 15%, so nobody else can make signings either. Big Grin

And he likely screwed my teams ability to trade CP3 too.  That is going to be one expensive tweet when all is said and done.  But I applaud him for speaking thats what NBA wanted.  Also ironic to see folks like Steve Kerr squirm and flop like a fish out of water unable to comprehend how his prior statements were so toxic yet now he plays dumb.  He’s a hypocrite who was making political statements the past 2 years yet now won’t stand up for freedoms in HK against oppression.  Everyone who railed against POTUS yet now is supporting Commy China should never have another say in anything important ever again.  This one tweet highlighted their love of money and two faced prior rants as drivel.  They never believed in anything except to go with the flow and blast POTUS when it was convenient even skipping WH invites yet now they support Commy China.  Morey did some great work here by exposing these frauds

Love ya PP, but this is ridiculous. I'm not saying you're the only one saying this stuff, but...

Speaking about domestic politics: Giving a political opinion when asked is anyone's right, to speak or not speak, regardless of their job. It's silly for you and others to hate Kerr for having political thoughts that differ from your own. Disagreeing with Trump doesn't make someone toxic or the devil. And it would be silly of me to call you toxic because you agree with Trump. The thing that's toxic is this belief that the other side is the devil. I'm not on either side so I guess you and the anti-Trumpers can both call me the devil if you want. 

Speaking about China: It's actually refreshing for someone to say that they need to get educated on the topic. Would that we would all do that more!!! It's crazy. I can tell by your comments that you're not very educated about what's going on in China. It seems like you don't even know what the protesters want. I'm far from an expert. I've only read a couple of articles. I actually linked a good one here but no one commented on it. Most are probably just content to remain ignorant yet keep firing their hot sports opinions about the sound bites of other people. 

I've said this already in this thread, and I'll say it again. I think the Chinese government is brutal and oppressive, and it has been for about 8 decades. And I'd like for all of China to be ruled by a more reasonable government, not just for Hong Kong to retain their system. 

But that doesn't mean that everyone in the U.S. who refrains from comment is stupid. They may just prefer to actually know what they're talking about before speaking.

Its ok that we disagree and I never hate anyone who disagrees with my opinion.  But people who are in positions like Kerr should refrain from it lest their words come back on them.  Maybe you didn’t see his latest remarks?  I don’t like that sports got into politics but they did so when it was convenient for them.  

Here is a great article about Kerrs latest remarks:

Steve Kerr Compares Genocidal Chinese Dictatorship To Americans Being Killed By Rifles

Golden State Warriors coach Steve Kerr made some absurd comments Thursday night about the Chinese dictatorship and gun violence in America.
The NBA and China have been in the news nonstop ever since the Houston Rockets GM tweeted support for pro-democracy protesters in Hong Kong. You’d think expressing support for democracy instead of communism would be a winning idea. However, the NBA has been dealing with the fallout ever since, and not everybody seems to be on the same page.
Kerr isn’t just not on the same page, but he seems to be under the impression that gun violence in America is comparable to agovernment that has killed tens of millions of people.
Kerr said the following when asked if he’d been asked about China’s horrific record on human rights:
Quote:[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.65098)]No. Nor has our record of human rights abuses come up either. You know, things that our country needs to look at and resolve. That hasn’t come up either. None of us are perfect, and we all have different issues that we have to get to. And, saying that is my right as an American. It doesn’t mean I hate my country. It means I want to address things, right? But, people in China didn’t ask me about, you know, people owning AR-15s and mowing each other down in a mall. I wasn’t asked that question. So, we can play this game all we want and go all over the map. There’s this issue and that issue. The world is a complex place and there’s more gray than black and white.[/color]
I want to be crystal clear here because I don’t want there to be any gray area at all. Kerr might be okay with the gray areas on this topic but I’m not. (SOURCE: ESPN Not Interested In Getting Involved In NBA/China Feud, Deadspin Memo Was ‘Misreported’)
Steve Kerr is a coward. Let me repeat that so there’s no confusion at all. Steve Kerr is a coward, and he’s the worst kind of coward.

Instead of just keeping his mouth shut, he chose to open it and prove to the world he’s a fool. The communist dictatorship is responsible for millions of deaths. Millions of people have been killed over the decades thanks to the policies and actions of the Chinese leadership. As we speak, they’re rounding up Muslims in camps and cracking down on protests in Hong Kong.

In 2017, a total of 403 people were killed in America by rifles, according to the FBI. Steve Kerr is trying to compare the deaths of millions at the hands of a brutal dictatorship to a few hundred deaths by rifles, as of the latest FBI data for 2017.

In what fantasyland are those two things even close to being the same? How much money is Steve Kerr making from the Chinese that he’ll throw his own country under the bus instead of shining a light on the atrocities of the dictatorship in China?
While I’ve always disagreed with Steve Kerr politically, I always thought he was a very smart guy. I no longer feel that way.

Anybody dumb enough to compare the deaths of a few hundred people, which is still incredibly tragic, to the massacre of millions is not a smart man. It’s that simple.

When given the opportunity to shine a light on the millions killed in China, Kerr dropped the ball and instead embarrassed himself.
Shame on Kerr and shame on everybody who has enabled this shameful situation. He’s a coward and the world should know it.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/10/11/steve...ce-ar-15s/
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: China upset w/ NBA...teams planning for 20-21 salary cap to drop up to 15% - by ThunderMav - 10-11-2019, 12:31 PM