Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This place is dead to me.
(03-14-2023, 06:27 AM)omahen Wrote: The solution is not to complain how dead you think the board is. Contribute, write something interesting. For me personally, the overwhelming whining is a thing that is putting me off. Usually by people who complain about Luka complaining Smile 

It seems people built extremely high expectations due to WCF last season. For me personally it was obvious in the summer, the team took a step back due to the failure to resign Brunson, bring in an extra wing. Also the center improvements proved to be a total failure. One is out of rotation and it seems the other was not even wanted in the first place, which makes me wonder, why the hell did they trade for him. Based on all this, I am not dissapointed, as I didn't really expect much more. My whining is focused on the summer failures. I see the on court result as just a consequence of that.

I guess I'm one of those who had high expectations for this year.  I was confounded how the Mavs lost Brunson.  In truth...I believe Brunson had made up his mind very early to leave.  I try not to whine.  It's just a simple fact that something has to change.  Fan of the Mavs for ?...43 years so I doubt that I'll be going anywhere.  But then I was also a long term fan of the Cowboys--now I'm not...  

(03-14-2023, 07:11 AM)dynamicalVoid Wrote: I think your post highlights why this thing is dying.  Nothing makes sense so why contribute anything?

Who wants to contribute anything to something that has moving goal posts or doesnt make sense?

Funny how I am one strike away from being banned here for being reasonable.   This highlights this board.  Nothing is reasonable.

I hope we keep this board alive.  It's up to us.  Yeah...there was some unreasonable nit picking along the way, but that is the way of forums all over the internet.

One strike away?  I don't see that.  I think that was spoken in jest.  And if it's true that there is no moderator with super moderator capabilities--no one will be banned.  Actually I did get a soft strike (so to speak) along the way.  I was wrong.  I apologized.  We went on.  This is the internet.  Just let it roll off your back...

(03-14-2023, 07:54 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: It has been a real tough season.  Very little enjoyment for me.    Weirdly, I feel better since the Kyrie trade.  Now, Kyrie complicates things because it is very rarely just basketball with him.  But the talent is clear.    Finding two star level players is the hard part.    Building around two stars is hard, but it is definitely possible with a competent front office.   

The front office just makes odd conflicting moves.   We discussed endlessly they said their plan was to resign Jalen and get a wing, and get better rebounding and rim protection.  Well they lost Jalen and didn't backfill with a player who could do some of what Jalen did.  They didn't find a wing and struck out big time trying to upgrade their defense and rebounding.  Same thing at the deadline.    They don't move Wood and then immediately start playing him 15-20 minutes a night after the deadline.    They appear to have a roster without a PF or C (Maxi being the exception but coming off injury and Wood who they appear are not fans of).    Could they not even find a 20 minute per game PF to at least even out the roster a bit at the deadline?

I also feel better after the Kyrie trade.  Weirdly is the right word, because I was against the trade.  Unfortunately Kyrie has a habit of taking time off when he feels like it...for whatever reason.  Not as bad as the prima donna Khawi, but noticeable.  Can the front office keep Kyrie?  I doubt it, but we will see.  Competent front office?  We will need to see about that as well.

I agree with the rest of your post.  And there were numerous opportunities, though the cost was high.  The cost has been higher not to make these moves.

This place is only as dead as we make it. The Cuban era has been bad, for the most part, but the Mavs will rebound--some day.  I plan on being here when they do.
[-] The following 2 users Like ballsrchr's post:
  • Reunion Mav, SleepingHero
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
This place is dead to me. - by HoosierDaddyKid - 03-14-2023, 06:00 AM
RE: This place is dead to me. - by omahen - 03-14-2023, 06:27 AM
RE: This place is dead to me. - by dynamicalVoid - 03-14-2023, 07:11 AM
RE: This place is dead to me. - by Smitty - 03-14-2023, 07:33 AM
RE: This place is dead to me. - by dynamicalVoid - 03-14-2023, 12:28 PM
RE: This place is dead to me. - by DallasMaverick - 03-14-2023, 02:32 PM
RE: This place is dead to me. - by dynamicalVoid - 03-14-2023, 02:40 PM
RE: This place is dead to me. - by Chicagojk - 03-14-2023, 07:54 AM