Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Luka Doncic And the Prevailing Power of the Pass
(03-06-2023, 06:13 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: ....In any case, I fully believe this team can work it out, because I believe in Luka. I'm interested to see if anyone else noticed this and what their thoughts are.  Looking forward to the game against UTA tomorrow!

Great post!  Keep up the good work.  Interesting thoughts and on point.

I've noticed in the late game slow down, mostly with Luka, is when opposing teams gain points.  Certainly I believe most of it is in defense, but the pace allows the other team to be ready for anything the Mavs throw at them.  

In earlier quarters the Mavs pace is variable, which usually confuses the other team.  The bench players--with Kyrie--play faster and usually make gains in points.  This also induces Luka to play a little faster, at times, in the first 3 quarters, but especially the first quarter.  Rather than letting pace be a weakness in the 4 quarter, mostly...it can be utilized as a strength in all quarters.  Kyrie seems to have it down.  Luka needs to learn the power of pace, rather than relying on his superior size, strength, handling, and BBIQ.  A tired Luka no longer has that advantage.

I was against the Kyrie trade.  For at least the short range I was wrong.  Kyrie seems like the ideal playing partner for Luka..IF Luka can learn to play with him.  Luka has some stuff he can learn from Kyrie.  I can see that they are both trying to play together...but it's going to take some time--and we don't have much time left.

I am concerned with coaching.  I hope there is something positive going on that I don't know about.
[-] The following 2 users Like ballsrchr's post:
  • BigDirk41, DallasMaverick
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Luka Doncic And the Prevailing Power of the Pass - by ballsrchr - 03-07-2023, 02:44 PM