Poll: How many points do the Mavs give up in the paint? O/U 55.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
66.67%
4 66.67%
Under
33.33%
2 33.33%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 63: IND (28-35) vs. DAL (32-31) | 124-122 loss
(03-01-2023, 08:05 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: There are so many issues with this team now and does anyone think this front office can land the plane this offseason successfully?

I will be very surprised if they do. This Mavs experience is not fun for me anymore. Less and less point to sacrifice night hours to watch them. I don't care about individual achievements and I don't want to support underachievers (as in Mavs FO). I will wait till offseason, but I fully expect another dissapointment, which will be it for me. I said at the Brunson fiasco, that Mavs are not capable of building a contender. Puting the right pieces next to Luka. Nothing since have convinced me otherwise. Just a failed move after failed move. Despite Irving being a better player than SD, the loss of DFS and consequential total collapse of defense which was bad as it was, might actually result in Mavs being worse team then before the trade with even less assets to cover all the holes. 

I think Mavs need a really good defensive PF, who is not a total liability on ofense. This might be enough of a piece to make the defense work again, even with existing centres. Powell is more or less useless in the current offensive scheme they play. It is difficult to watch him at the top of the key with all the space in the world and he doesn't even look at the basket. However, Luka and Kyrie are good enough to keep offense good. Wood will be likely gone. So, for me to continue to be engaded, a minimum I expect is an elite defensive PF who is not a total liability on offense (Thybulle is not it!). Elite center could be an alternative, but we would still need a starter level PF (none of them will be cheap) in this case.
[-] The following 3 users Like omahen's post:
  • BigDirk41, RoyTarpleysGhost, Smitty
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 63: IND (28-35) vs. DAL (32-31) | 124-122 loss - by omahen - 03-01-2023, 09:10 AM