Poll: How many points do the Mavs give up in the paint? O/U 55.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
66.67%
4 66.67%
Under
33.33%
2 33.33%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 63: IND (28-35) vs. DAL (32-31) | 124-122 loss
(03-01-2023, 02:17 AM)omahen Wrote: Mavs desperately need a defensive PF to help in the PnR. It was obvious even before they traded DFS. The Green move to the bench for starting Holiday is just unexplainable. It makes zero sense on any level. Mavs also need a point of attack defender. It is not like teams are attacking Luka. They don't need to switch anything. They just run a PnR and its 5 on 4. 

I am so tired of this incompetent FO. They just don't know how to build around Luka. Sure Kyrie helped with one of the issues Mavs had, but the trade made other issues (defense, rebounding) even worse. The maddening part is, that it was obvious it did.

The Green move is really confusing.  Green is not a finished product and we should all expect up and downs.  He was doing well in the role and was growing into it.   I am not sure why they thought the need to bring him back to the bench.   He does need to stay out of foul trouble.   These games should be important to him playing end of game minutes.  It is not like we have a ton of choices either.

I would pair Green with Kyrie.   I would match their minutes up as much as possible.   I think they work well together in a faster pace.    

There are so many issues with this team now and does anyone think this front office can land the plane this offseason successfully?   I think we all have doubts.

I mentioned earlier while there are many problems it is tough to get around we lack a quality starting PF and starting C on this roster (or at least one who fits what Kidd wants).  That is pretty remarkable for a team over the tax.  Even worse they don't even have a young developmental PF or C who  shows some hope down the road.   I swear to God if they try to sell us McGee this offseason, I will flip.   

Buyout guys rarely work but I would seriously consider at least one more...maybe two.   Noel and Eugene?

(03-01-2023, 06:27 AM)LukaMVP Wrote: if we begin tanking right now and finish in the bottom third, although the chance at #1 would still be small, a top ten pick would be realistic for us, and we can draft a legit 3rd option (provided kyrie either stays or brings back a borderline star via s&t). with the core of kyrie(or some other star)/luka/rookie(top10 pick), plus some upgrades to our supporting cast, we would be a better built team than we are now.

I don't think this is in the cards.  You can't tell Luka (ready to win now) and Kyrie (30 and also wants to win) that we are not a serious franchise.   This team may struggle to make the playoffs as is though.    I just have a bad feeling we will lose in the playin and get the 11th pick which winds up going to the Knicks.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 63: IND (27-35) vs. DAL (32-30) | Mavs -7 Favorites - by Chicagojk - 03-01-2023, 08:05 AM