Poll: How many points does Luka + Kyrie combine for on their homecoming debut? O/U 54.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
85.71%
6 85.71%
Under
14.29%
1 14.29%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 59: MIN (31-29) vs. DAL (31-28)| 124-121 Loss
Yeah this was a brutal coaching job by Kidd for 3.5 quarters. Seriously.

I wrote up a bunch of points pre 4th quarter, but it all seems moot now. Kyrie and Luka had amazing offensive games. The defense was not there tonight. No rebounding or paint protection from anyone. 

Dwight Powell deserves to lose his starting job after that kind of performance (but one has to wonder why Kidd thought it was appropriate to even start the game with Powell when the opposing team has Gobert). 

That 2nd chance point deficit is what lost them the game. 10 OREB for MIN, 47 to 44 rebounding battle to MIN. 64 points in the paint and nearly 60% shooting for MIN as a team. 

Also Luka yet again with a costly turnover at the end of the game, and then has the audacity to complain to the refs about getting fouled. No my dude, you got stripped cause you dribbled into a corner. Although I will say that play broke down as soon as Kyrie gave it to Josh who was a fish outta water and quickly threw it to Luka who couldn't really go anywhere. Luka found Kyrie but he deferred (this was in my notes a lot pre 4th quarter).

(02-13-2023, 11:03 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Luka and Kyrie are 0-2 so far when they both play. Crazy!  They need to work things out with these two alphas.

I'd say the coach is kind of shitting the bed in utilizing them properly. Their offensive spacing is outta whack. Kyrie is too deferential pre 4th quarter. Luka made a point to keep giving it to Kyrie which was good and no complaints there, but can Kidd really not come up with a pet action to get these guys an open look off an inbound play?

Why is Theo Pinson of all guys throwing the ball in?
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 59: MIN (31-29) vs. DAL (31-28)| 124-121 Loss - by SleepingHero - 02-14-2023, 12:12 AM