Poll: Who ya got?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Dallas
100.00%
11 100.00%
Sacramento
0%
0 0%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 58: DAL (31-27) @ SAC (32-24) | Dallas lost 133-128 in OT
So, in my mind, the debate isn’t Wood is great and Powell sucks. It’s that Wood isn’t as bad as many vocals are claiming and Kidd thinks vs Powell getting heaps of praise for all the intangibles and not getting knocked down for the stuff he is horrible at. That recent discussion about Powell being worth an extension or close to MLE money really tilted me and is the biggest reason I was invested in pointing out Powell’s visible negatives.

Wood can’t guard Sabonis, I get it. Why isn’t that a wash with Powell getting the exact same treatment as Wood? Anyone Wood can’t guard, Powell is right there with him (Kevin Huerter made Powell into a traffic cone last night from the perimeter, Wood might have been the same story, except I guarantee if Wood is following Huerter to the basket, he’s keeping that in mind as opposed to Powell, he’s so much an afterthought). Powell constantly gets played with the best players on the team, Wood, even when starting, not so much (so many injuries during his starting stretch). His bench time stats are more about playing with Green than anything else to this point. Green is that guy for this team this year so far.

Really not sure why there is such a blind spot with Wood after the playoff run we just had. Powell played 5-6 mins to start each half in general. When are the players the most energized during a game? The first 5-6 minutes of each half. Maybe that has something to do with his +\- stat? We KNOW Powell is not it after that run. We tried to get a replacement for him as the #1 priority this offseason.
[-] The following 3 users Like ItsGoTime's post:
  • hakeemfaan, IamDougieFresh, Smitty
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 58: DAL (31-27) @ SAC (32-24) | Dallas lost 133-128 in OT - by ItsGoTime - 02-12-2023, 10:24 AM