Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 52: DET (13-39) @ DAL (27-25) | 111-105 win
(01-31-2023, 02:00 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Stolen from Reddit.

Aaaaand this is why this roster needs a serious overhaul. I'd be fine if this is a bad off night, but I'd go so far and say more than 75% of our games have box scores that look a lot like this.

I agree, and suspect most of the rest of us do too.

But the problem is that you have the same architect for an overhaul (Cuban) that got us this crappy roster in the first place. It's a team with iffy talent (and not very much of it), a massively bloated payroll (and who wants overpaid players), no pick assets to speak of, and no skill in roster-building or in evaluating or in doing the little things to create assets.

The solution is for Cuban to hire an EXPERT who can draft, evaluate, negotiate, build a roster, etc at an elite level. He thinks he's the guy, however, and until he thinks otherwise AND HIRES/DEFERS TO THE EXPERT WHO CAN FIX IT, there's no hope. For the time being, we have an operations manager to keep things organized (Nico) who has no GM skills, some retired NBA stars who have no skins on the wall, and Cuban running the show. Not good.

I'm afraid we will be stuck with Luka and some randos as our fare as fans, with Luka putting up monster numbers (because, why not) amidst a boring all-iso style of basketball, until Luka decides he's on a train bound for nowhere and has had enough, and reality forces Cuban's hand.

I'd love to see what Luka could do on a team with real talent to play off of. Saw some videos recently of Larry Bird, and Magic Johnson. If only Luka was on a team with the sort of skill to push him to play a team-oriented game like they did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xYWA9uMSuA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn4wy0n8zUM&t=397s
[-] The following 1 user Likes F Gump's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 52: DET (13-39) @ DAL (27-25) | 111-105 win - by F Gump - 01-31-2023, 06:26 AM