Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 103, Celtics 109
(12-19-2019, 07:24 AM)omahen Wrote: The difference was solely in the ability to get to the line and be accurate. Boston made 7 FT more than Dallas.
Mavs were pretty dumb in helping the Celtic in that regard. 

- Seth Curry clear path foul (yeah it was debatable but I think it was the right call) where Kemba hit them both then they scored 2 more points
- Defensive 3 second on KP - Kemba made
- Technical on THJ - Kemba missed this one
- Technical on DP - Kemba made

When Luka went down most said we expected to lose all these games against the top East teams, and it would be tough to be disappointed with that. Well after seeing how they rallied against Miami and handled the Bucks before almost blowing it by relaxing too much, I can now say I am disappointed that we lost this one. This Celtics team is good, but nowhere near the quality of the Bucks team we just beat with Hayward and Smart both out.

My takeaways from last night (and the last couple games):
- Mavs need to find a way to bring the same focus/edge/intensity to home games that they do on the road
- Brunson needs to get it together. I'm still baffled how a NCAA Player of the Year and 2x National Champion can play so well the majority of the time, but make such poor decisions when it matters. 
- THJ needs to get hot, or at least room temperature, again. He's missing a lot of really good looks.
- KP is really coming along with 4 straight 20+ point games. Efficiency could still get better, but he's making quicker decisions with the ball, and it seems is getting more comfortable with his handles with successful drives from the perimeter. All while keeping up excellent defense and rebounding.
- Seth Curry is playing great, hope he can keep it up.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 103, Celtics 109 - by DrMav - 12-19-2019, 08:30 AM