Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 50: DAL (26-24) @ PHX (25-25) | 99-95 win
(01-27-2023, 11:45 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: I honestly think we're (collectively) making a little too much of #3, but it's far from a positive, I'll give you that. Right there with you on the other points. But, it's all fixable. Have to have some hope.

That's what I was alluding to the other night when I posted about Luka needing to find ways to be motivated every night. This team isn't terrible or they wouldn't have gotten as far as they did last year. Luka is just being overutilized to an extent. Last night showed what the team looks like with a motivated vet out there running the show in SD. I had a feeling that's why Brunson wanted out. He didn't like never getting the ball.

They won't win playing hero ball. Yes Luka is a franchise altering player but they need one of two things with him out there.

1. Either a group of 3&D players that run and cut non stop looking for spot ups or layups.
2. Take the ball out of Luka's hand a little more.

You don't have to bring it out of his hand much. Just a little bit to get the other team worried about more than just Luka. Role players need to be involved to get their stroke going. SD is every bit as good as Brunson. He just needs the ball more. Teams take on the attitude of their leader. Granted, the Suns are as soft as Charmin and Booker wasn't out there. But, they still showed that they were fighting to win. Luka just has nights where he isn't motivated. Usually against bad teams. That's when the team comes out slow and lacking energy. He has to set the tone. Just going to take time for him to grow up a little.

I would take a serious look at how Luka's championship Real Madrid team was constructed and go from there.

That said I do feel like Wood is one of the pieces that can help out big time. Just need to keep building toward that.
We didn't make the cut but thanks for all the support!
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 50: DAL (26-24) @ PHX (25-25) | 99-95 win - by audiosway - 01-27-2023, 01:53 PM