Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 120, Bucks 116
(12-17-2019, 09:33 AM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: Justin Jackson is a nice rotational minutes eater, but he shouldn't be part of a playoff rotation. The moment looked too big for him tonight when he clanked two back to back free throws with the game on the line and looked completely lost on defense.    Its not that every playoff rotation player has to be a great player, but you have to do something at a playoff caliber level to even be a role player, and he doesn't have anything in his toolbox at that level.      That's why you trade for Iggy for a playoff run.

I agree that JJ didn't contribute a lot toward the end and I admit yelling "WTF" when he clanked those two free throws.

But I think it's great that these young guys are getting to experience these high pressure situations so they can learn 1) how to personally play better and 2) how to support each other when the game is close and the stakes are high. There are going to be some individual failures along the way, but the team overall is (to my eyes) starting to develop a belief that "hey, we're pretty good too." DAL doesn't go far without Luka, but having the confidence that they can compete while he's rehabbing is going to really make them a dangerous opponent since the opponents will have to account for more than one guy in the future.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 120, Bucks 116 - by michaeltex - 12-17-2019, 09:51 AM