Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 26: DAL (13-13) @ CHI (11-14) | 115-144 loss
(12-10-2022, 09:33 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Although Nico is the GM, Kidd probably has a LOT of clout on who to get and who not to get.
I'd go as far as saying the McGee signing was Kidd's idea all along, and to him, that salary was just fair.
Nico probably just said.. "well you know the guy, if its okay with you, I'm okay with this too".

Mark still gets to big decisions, but while Nico gets to do GM things, Kidd is in the mix too. Probably a lot more than just your ordinary coach.

Kind of a pointless distinction, imho. Harrison was ok with Kidd. Excited, even. If he's not making decisions, then he's ok with doing the job in circumstances where the job can't be done correctly. If he is making decisions, they're bad decisions. 

Either way, he's not real. It's so obvious by now, if we're honest. I think there's a chance he gets better, but the window available to build around the best player the Mavs have ever had and probably ever will have isn't the time I'd have chosen to hire a "learn on the job" GM.

A real GM would have the power to hold the head coach accountable for performances like this.

Does ANYONE reading this think Harrison could even threaten to fire the coach?
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 26: DAL (13-12) @ CHI (10-14) | Dec 10, 7 pm | Mavs 5.5 pt Vegas dogs - by KillerLeft - 12-10-2022, 09:37 PM