Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ranking the Mavs' non-Luka/KP players
This ranking might well serve as a summary of trade value

1. Lee: $12 million expiring can be combined with a young player (Jackson) and GSW#2 to return a player making up to $21 million. 

2. THJ: Any contender would value what he's bringing -- toughness, shooting, size, surprising defense, huge heart -- the Mavs included. THJ has played his way off the trade block, at least for now. I just don't know how the Mavs would replace him. He would start on the Lakers, Clippers, Nuggets, Rockets. I think he's a keeper but he could be a "sell high" player which puts him near the top of this list. The contract is still a problem however.

3. Brunson: I see a young player who is only limited by playing behind Doncic and Mavs' PG depth. He's looked less impactful off the ball but when Brunson plays point guard, he's at his best. He would start for a lot of teams and could be a top 20 PG in this league. I think he's the Mavs most valuable playable trade asset who might actually get traded.

4. Wright: Looks like Toronto may have had his role and minutes right. Donnie & Carlisle saw a top-flight starter but he seems more comfortable off the bench in 20-24 minutes. A sure-fire playoff rotation piece for any team, Wright could still develop, but he lacks the confidence to shoot with decisiveness. When he's assertive he looks awesome. Bit of a confounding player. One thing to watch. His contract declines which makes him a very trade-able asset.

5. Curry: His lack of consistency is worrying but he's still the Mavs most valueable pure shooter. He's arguably a plug & play backup on any roster, but he's on a longer term deal that probably locks him into this team for a while, albeit the price is below MLE so it's team-friendly number. Can get hot and win a playoff game. Would the Sixers be interested in a swap for Mike Scott? Would the Mavs?

6. Powell: Energy big. Starting caliber. Hard-work pro. Has value based on the contract but needs to play with with a PnR PG.

7. DFS: Very valuable for Dallas but most teams have a starting-caliber 3D wing. He's more valuable than many similar players, especially @ his contract price. Too valuable to trade.

8. Kleber: Best suited as a stretch four backing up Porzingis. Developing shooter on a good contract. Kleber is plug & play on any roster.

9. Jackson: He has faded a bit with more minutes but he's still a young player with a George Gervin floater. Would be very valuable to a team who needs bench scoring but I don't see him as a starting wing in this league. Best as a small ball four off the bench. Can the Mavs find more minutes for Jackson while Doncic is out? Would love to boost his trade-value.

10. Ryan From Accounting: I have him above Boban & Barea because Dallas won't trade either. But does anyone in the league think RFA can play?

11. Barea: Mavs second best PG won't be moved, so he has no trade value.

12. Boban: Mavs need Boban.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ranking the Mavs' non-Luka/KP players - by vfromlmf - 12-16-2019, 10:40 AM