Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 118, Heat 122
(12-15-2019, 08:57 AM)LukTheShadow Wrote: Another good one from ML, you're spoiling us, man..

From my perspective all I would like to add is a world or two on coaching since I've reed some firerick indications in game thread.
RC did a good job as a crisis manager this time. He did not spend to many TO's in first half, he managed mentally reset the team in HT and with reinforced D and correct rotations put the team on wining road. Game plan was ok, just guys could not execute it in the clutch. It's young team, they will fo's such opportunities again till they'll learn.
Thanks, Luk.

Agree that Rick did a great job in the second half, and the players couldn't execute for the whole 29 minutes. 

A lot of people have criticized Rick from time to time for not playing young players. He went with a youngster here in Brunson, and might have gotten burned by it in the clutch. However, he may not have had a choice, since Wright was suffering with injury-related issues, and Barea had apparently already played as much as he could. So, in that case, I guess you just have to say "whatever," and move on.  

Rick will keep coaching them up on end-game situations. I think the bigger problem is tackling their tendency to get off to slow starts, not cope very well with physicality, and making decisions in the face of the unexpected. They'll get there. It might not be right away, though.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 118, Heat 122 - by mavsluvr - 12-15-2019, 10:45 PM