Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 16: DEN (10-6) @ DAL (9-7) | 97-98 loss (Kidd still tanking for Victor)
(11-21-2022, 08:56 AM)dynamicalVoid Wrote: I have read this on here numerous times...the idea of Wood being flipped and dont get attached to Wood...

So...someone please correct me if I am out of touch with reality...but does that not lead an outsider like myself to think Mavs have a target in mind?  Not a couple of guys...but a specific target?  If these murmurings have any legs...it makes me think Mavs must have an agreement with a player they like and that wants to come here.

I can’t recall if it was Stein or someone else national, but someone said they were nearly certain Collins would be traded before the beginning of the season.  That didn’t happen either.  Given how Atlanta uses (or misuses) Collins and how much he makes, it seems like a Wood based deal might have been the target.

It is connecting dots for sure.  The question is what does the rest of the deal look like.  You have to get to $18.72mm to match Collins, so it has to be Wood and a fairly high dollar guy.  Atlanta doesn’t need Powell or McGee.  They probably could use a guy like Reggie as additional wing depth to replace Holiday.  Dallas would need to take back a salary in such a deal.  Collins plays almost exclusively at PF, so we could probably put that whole debate to rest if he were traded here.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 16: DEN (10-6) @ DAL (9-7) | 97-98 loss (Kidd still tanking for Victor) - by DanSchwartzgan - 11-21-2022, 10:32 AM