Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 16: DEN (10-6) @ DAL (9-7) | 97-98 loss (Kidd still tanking for Victor)
(11-21-2022, 08:43 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Josh 30 minutes and Tim 20.  More of that please.  Josh closed both halves.

Powell, McGee and Wood essentially split the 48 minutes at center.  There was just a minute where Wood played alongside another big.  Part of this was Bertans getting 14 minutes.  He and Dorian split 48 minutes, but it isn't as simple as that as there was 6:22 of time where Dorian and Bertans were both on the court together (+11...the Mav's best stretch of the game).  We also spent a similar amount of time with a PG, a C and three guards (that stretch didn't go so well...-8).

The lack of minutes for Wood is really inexplicable.  I saw a missed rotation where Luka got upset at him, but that’s it.  They really had him and Hardaway on a short leash taking them out much earlier than usual in the second quarter.  Some of the minutes CW and THJ 'lost' can be attributed to Josh and Bertans being hot.  That pair also produced well together in the second half (+9 in their overlap minutes).

Something that has always stuck with me and is still in the back of my mind...Tim Cato floated the idea that Wood would be flipped.  In fact, Cato maintained a good bit of the summer that it could  happen before the beginning of the season.  He hasn't said it in a while, but it was too random and he said it too many times for it to just be a theory.  I've listened to him enough to know that somebody whispered that possibility to him.  Take that for what its worth.

I think we’ve missed Maxi.  However, he makes the minutes crunch even more severe amongst the bigs.

I have read this on here numerous times...the idea of Wood being flipped and dont get attached to Wood...

So...someone please correct me if I am out of touch with reality...but does that not lead an outsider like myself to think Mavs have a target in mind?  Not a couple of guys...but a specific target?  If these murmurings have any legs...it makes me think Mavs must have an agreement with a player they like and that wants to come here.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 16: DEN (10-6) @ DAL (9-7) | 97-98 loss (Kidd still tanking for Victor) - by dynamicalVoid - 11-21-2022, 08:56 AM