Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 118, Heat 122
(12-15-2019, 02:29 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Giving up that rebound on the missed free throw was absolutely brutal and unacceptable.  That was on KP as were all the missed shots resulting in numerous Miami possessions. Unless you shoot a ton of free throws, you just can’t miss at the the rate and volume that KP misses at and help your team.  He’s got to get a lot better. If Adrian Peterson can come back from a horrible knee injury in nine months and lead the NFL in rushing, KP’s recovery at 20 months should be complete. He’s got to figure out how to make shots or quit taking ones he can’t.
-- Not boxing out after a missed free throw is unacceptable. I'm sure he wishes he had a mulligan on that. 

-- KP didn't shoot well, but he did score 22 points, including three triples, and he got to the line for 7 FTAs. He was the second leading scorer on the team. 

-- The Mavs got up ten more shots than the Heat. 

-- Adrian Peterson's situation is irrelevant to this. 

-- I didn't think KP was taking bad shots, in general. Brunson wasn't doing him many favors, dumping the ball off to him at the end of the shot clock.

-- KP helped the team in many ways. The coaching staff is trying to emphasize to him that his main role on the team is defense and rebounding, not scoring. He is doing what he has been asked to do. 

I see you put essentially this same post in several threads, so it appears that it is something you want to blow off some steam about. I am not as down on Porzee as you are, although I agree that he needs to be better. He already looks a lot better than he did at the beginning of the season. 

I am curious to see if they look to KP for more scoring, if Luka is going to be out for a substantial amount of time. I predict that they might make a tweak or two, but they will more or less stick to the plan. They are going to lose some games. The important thing is that they play well and continue to show progress.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 118, Heat 122 - by mavsluvr - 12-15-2019, 02:06 PM