Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 14: HOU (3-12) @ DAL (8-6) | 92-101 loss
(11-16-2022, 11:01 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: I tend to agree about Wood.  I want to give him 30 games to form an opinion.  But my initial thought is he is a scorer off the bench with a good team.  We will see.  I don’t think we should grow to comfortable with him because I am not sure he will be happy in that role.

Let me add though, I definitely want to see Wood as a starter and playing 30 minutes a night.   This team needs to know that answer on him.  

I have probably been a little lower on Wood than most here.  I think he has an incredible ability to score points in bunches.  That is a rare skill.  What gives me pause is everything outside of those scoring bunches.  My doubt is if he is a winning player franchises/teammates can count on.   I have not come to a conclusion on that yet.    To get there, I would like to see him starting(probably with Maxi) and getting a lot of minutes.

I would really like to see a Wood/Maxi starting lineup.  In my vision, we would upgrade Bullock in this scenario.   Bullock is good when he is hitting his shots.  I don't like him starting with DFS & Dwight though.  Would like to have someone in that spot who can create.

Luka
DFS
X
Wood
Maxi

If we find that right X, maybe that could be a start of something.   Not sold on Wood yet though or Maxi as a high level playoff starter.  It would provide some answers if we are on the right track though.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 14: HOU (2-12) @ DAL (8-5) | Nov 16, 7:30 pm | Mavs 9.0 pt Vegas favs - by Chicagojk - 11-17-2022, 07:25 AM