Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 8.0 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
73.33%
11 73.33%
Heat
26.67%
4 26.67%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 25: MIA (19-7) @ DAL (17-8) | 118-122 OT loss
(12-14-2019, 11:32 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(12-14-2019, 11:27 PM)mtrot Wrote: For those putting this on Brunson for driving too much, in fairness to him, he's expecting other Mavs to move without the ball and give him a target.  Nobody drives so as to help him.  This is my biggest criticism about the Mavs, i.e., lack of aggressive movement without the ball.

That's just the wrong approach. If Brunson wants to drive and find the open cutter then fine, thats a good idea in theory, but he ALWAYS picks up his dribble when he gets in the lane which is a death sentence. The reason why Nash was so lethal is that he never picked up his dribble and he had the defense on a yo-yo. 

Brunson unfortunately just runs in with a full head of steam, stops and has the entire Miami Heat collapse on him, giving him no open passing lanes. Regardless of who cuts there's no way 6'2 Brunson is seeing over Bam, Butler, Jones Jr. and Nunn. 

Furthermore, Brunson in OT barely looked to pass off his drives. He was more concerned looking for his own shot, thinking the refs would bail him out. He definitely got hit on some of his drives, but we saw time and again they weren't going to give him the call, and instead of adapting and making a smarter play Brunson just brute forces his way in there and throws away the Mavs hopes.

I wish Carlisle just put in Seth for Brunson and had the offense run through him. I had no idea why Delon wasn't there either, his heady plays might've made the outcome different in OT.

Seth can´t run an offense either.

We just showcase Brunson now, to emphasize that he´s a 1st round talent to a PG-less franchise like Minnesota, Washington or New York. Angel

Seriously Minnesota has Wiggins, Covington, Culver, Okogie, Layman and KBD for the 2/3, yet their PG rotation is Jeff Teague and Shabazz Napier. LOL.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 25: MIA (19-7) @ DAL (17-8) | 118-122 OT loss - by Mavs2019 - 12-14-2019, 11:38 PM