Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 8: TOR (5-4) @ DAL (5-3) | 111-110 win
(11-05-2022, 12:32 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Let me say it all in a different, more efficient way:

Unless you have an athletic freak involved (like Mobley, for example), more than 50% of the lineups you'll face in today's NBA will dictate that you're really better off playing 1 big for long stretches of the game. I'd suggest that in the playoffs, this phenomenon gets even more glaring. 

If Wood can't be that one big he'll have to play much less during the most important stretches of the games that you really need and care about. That means he LITERALLY cannot be a player around whom you build your offensive system, and that you had better not pay him the kind of money we all know he wants. 

It's truly a problem. If @"DanSchwartzgan" is right about this, then Wood is a big, fat, dead end of a fit imo. Hell, maybe Kidd has already determined this and that's why he's not going out of his way to make things work.

As 1998 pointed out, Maxi and Powell can effectively be PF from a defensive quickness standpoint.  If Wood is an elite offensive player that generally needs one of those two guys on the court from a defensive standpoint, I think we are better off holding on to him rather than sending him out for likely pennies on the dollar (If we are trading him at the TDL I don't see his value being any better than what we sent out for him).
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 8: TOR (5-4) @ DAL (5-3) | 111-110 win - by mvossman - 11-05-2022, 01:11 PM