Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 5: OKC (3-3) @ DAL (2-3) | 111-117 OT loss
(10-30-2022, 03:44 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: The perimeter defense by everyone tonight was abhorrent.
you weren't happy with the 46.9 DefRtg in Green's minutes?   Big Grin

Game was otherwise a copy of the Suns game. Bench is dominating with Wood. Starters back, and giving up the lead. But a even bigger lead than vs. the Suns in a shorter period of time.

The sad part is that you could have dribbled out the shot clock on every poss, and you still win the game with Green's defense because OKC doesn't score 16 pts total. If Green + Kleber finishes with Wood and Luka/DFS, there is no way in hell OKC scores 16 pts.
Luka/Wood is enough offense imo. SD is kinda the odd man out, despite him playing well today, if you are hellbent on bringing Luka back to that game.
Any lineup with 3 rather weak or poor defenders is not going to work great i would bet. Otherwise the focus has to be on outscoring the opponent. If you are cold, the lineup won't do well by default, because its not good enough on D.

If you consider Luka and Wood in that weaker D category, you are done. Depends how you see SD/THJ on defense. I am not seeing both as good enough to help Luka/Wood on defense. Recipe is prolly Luka/Wood and 3 S tier defenders. And thats 3 out of 4: Green/Bullock/DFS/Kleber.
If they don't like Wood as the sole big: Kleber is already in. You are down to 2 out of 3. And Green >>>>>>>> Bullock so far. DFS last spot.

Green's net was +121.4
Without Green: -160.0
4th quarter on/off Green: 281.4

Maxi's net was +123.3
Without Maxi: -38.9
4th quarter on/off Maxi: 162.2

4th quarter on/off through 5 games:

Josh Green +112.1
THJ +64.9
Wood +31.4
Kleber -11.7
SD -20.9
DFS -73.1
Bullock -94.1
Luka -104.4

@mcuban If you read on the forums, and need someone new in your data analytics department, message me. Think Mavs could use another german to carry the franchise to rings Tongue
[-] The following 7 users Like sefant's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, Kammrath, mvossman, Paul Gasol, Scott41theMavs, SleepingHero, SwisherPrice
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 5: OKC (3-3) @ DAL (2-3) | 111-117 OT loss - by sefant - 10-30-2022, 04:39 AM