Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PRESEASON GAME 3: DAL @ UTA | 115-101 win
(10-16-2022, 09:29 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: He’s good overall. But he’s really not a go get a bucket guy like Brunson was. Other than Luka, I don’t see one on the roster. The Mavs will have to compensate with Luka creating open looks for THJ and Luka getting Wood shots through the pick and roll and pop. The Mavs will be more dependent on Luka than ever.

I see Wood as more of the Go-get-a-bucket player than Dinwiddie.

I actually can see Wood getting his without the assistance from Luka. Sure, a pick and roll, pick and pop play would be better and would create easy baskets for Wood. But even without it, he can score. A ball handler doesn't need to feed Wood where he just needs to lay it in, you can just dump the ball to him, and then Wood can work his way to a position where he can score. His post game is good, he can face the basket and drive or do a pull-up. Wood just needs someone who can make an entry pass or at least, someone who would pass to him in the appropriate time. Yes he's not going to be efficient that way and that's just not team basketball, but all I am saying is -- Wood is the least Luka-dependent player on the roster. Dump the ball and he can make something happen.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PRESEASON GAME 3: DAL @ UTA | 115-101 win - by Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo - 10-16-2022, 09:56 AM