Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 122, Pistons 111
(12-13-2019, 01:59 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: One more thing....

Can we all be done with the "let's go get Blake Griffin" talk?  If last night is any indication of where he is physically and mentally, I want NO PART of that money pit right there.  no, no, no.
I thought about putting in a paragraph on that. Blake was dreadful. In 30 minutes on the floor, he had 10 points and 3 rebounds. He was 3-16 overall, and 1-10 on three-point tries. Luka and KP flummoxed him all night. Ceballos showed a video of Blake trying to guard Luka at the three-point line, and he did get a hand up, but was standing so far back that Luka had plenty of space to shoot over him. The Mavs had no trouble darting right past him when he tried to defend them closely. 

He looked frustrated, and as much as anything, bewildered. He was such a shell of himself, it made me feel a little sad. If I had been following him more, maybe I wouldn't have been so shocked. I think he is coming off an injury, so that might play into it. In any event, I agree. If this is who he is now, I don't see how he could help the Mavs. Hope he gets back to normal.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 122, Pistons 111 - by mavsluvr - 12-13-2019, 03:30 PM