Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PRESEASON GAME 1: DAL @ OKC | 98-96 win
(10-07-2022, 01:09 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: On your side of the argument, who was/is available that is a 6'11" DFS with 35 more lbs on his frame and can move his feet? I want the name of that guy we missed on. If he wasn't there, I think McGee fits in quite nicely until that guy is identified and acquired. Bringing in more wings isn't gonna help with the bigger guys.

Oh, I don't think they "missed" on one - they're SUPER hard to get. Claxton's status was a little up in the air, but I'm not sure he was available, exactly, and he's just maybe about to be one of those guys. 

I disagree so wholeheartedly that how the Mavs handled "the big guys" was their problem last year that I don't know how to further the conversation. My contention is that not being able to improve on Kleber/Powell (while improving in other areas that matter) but still playing the style of game that got them so far last season would've represented improvement. Instead, they're changing part of what worked. McGee is fine, I suppose, but Powell was already here. Now, there's two guys who will expect to play and who we'll find out the good teams want the Mavs to trot out there. I guess my position is: "If you can't get the kind of center who actually works against all teams, focus on improving somewhere else."
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PRESEASON GAME 1: DAL @ OKC | 98-96 win - by KillerLeft - 10-07-2022, 07:34 AM