Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PRESEASON GAME 1: DAL @ OKC | 98-96 win
(10-06-2022, 04:14 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: That´s why I said that I thought the Mavs were heading into the right direction last season. I get that they needed to upgrade Powell but I would have prefered a different direction. A more mobile big or a wing instead of a player like McGee.
Feels like they are going away from one of the key strengths that lead to a deep playoff run. Even if they only plan to use McGee for 15 minutes per game.

Like Killer, you mention this switchable defense being a strength that lead to a deep playoff run, but the numbers don't really support that, either for the regular season or the playoffs.  If anything it was the offense on the backs of Luka and Brunson that carried this team in the second half of the season and playoffs.

I was not a huge fan of the McGee signing, but I'm trying to remember what mobile defensive anchor center was available for the tax MLE?  Was there a legitimate option in a different direction?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PRESEASON GAME 1: DAL @ OKC | 98-96 win - by mvossman - 10-07-2022, 01:02 AM