Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PRESEASON GAME 1: DAL @ OKC | 98-96 win
(10-06-2022, 03:05 PM)mvossman Wrote: I think its really important to point out that those three teams you are mentioning have elite mobile bigs that allow you to play a switch heavy defense (Green, Bam, Horford/Williams although I thought they play drop coverage with Williams).  The closest thing we have to that is Maxi.  Come playoff time we will probably be throwing Maxi/Wood out there 30 minutes a game in a switch heavy defense.  The other 18 minutes will be a scramble to see what works, but I would rather have the option of McGee than not.  Its not like Powell didn't get played off the court in the playoffs either.
Been agreeing with you on everything you’re saying. Also lost in this discussion is all of those teams have the ability to go big when the situation warrants it. Looney and Green destroyed our bigs in the playoffs. Zubac destroyed our bigs in the playoffs. Maybe McGee isn’t the answer to that, but there were few guys available that are. 

There’s probably 2 other guys available right now that are also possible to stop the bullies of the NBA. Poeltl and Turner. We chose our path with McGee, and moving to either of those two would warrant even more time for bigs on the court (their cost will require we make them a more integral part of the overall scheme). McGee’s pay allows us so much more flexibility in what we can do/counter. That’s why I liked the inclusion.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PRESEASON GAME 1: DAL @ OKC | 98-96 win - by ItsGoTime - 10-06-2022, 05:52 PM