Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 106, Kings 110
(12-09-2019, 04:47 PM)j0Shi Wrote: Another bullet on the refs and Luka that drives me crazy: Some local reporters suggested that Luka will get more calls by shutting up. If that doesn't pinpoint the issue with these bullshit refs, I don't know. That's basically admitting that they're not objective. If somebody talks too much, your move is to T them up and not bitch back at them by not calling fouls. Do your fucking job and don't act like a fucking diva. Luka's comments after the game were A+ btw. Just a mature leader at 20.
I see where you're coming from, but I don't know that I totally agree with this. Psychological research is overwhelming that we each interpret any given situation from the point of view of our own prior experience and our emotions, even if we believe we are being completely objective. 

I could easily see a situation where the refs are trying to be, and believe they are being, completely objective. But if they are angry and embarrassed, or if they perceive from their own experience that a guy is a dirty player, or is the boy who cries wolf, it could subconsciously affect their officiating. I am not suggesting they are intending to "get" a player by not calling fouls. Something more subtle than that. 

I think Luka, in his calmer moments, is aware of that. He goes and shakes each of the refs' hands before and after the game. I think he wants them to view him positively. He has himself admitted that he sometimes lets his emotions get away from him to an unproductive extent. I am not saying he should never comment on the officiating. I'm just saying that it is possible that he is overdoing it in certain situations. Both he and Carlisle are in agreement on that. 

So, I guess I think it might be that he and the team would benefit from his playing a little more under control. I appreciate his passion, but being able to maintain your composure is a skill and an advantage.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 106, Kings 110 - by mavsluvr - 12-11-2019, 05:05 PM