Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 106, Kings 110
(12-11-2019, 01:28 PM)mavsluvr Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 01:18 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: We all know how closely you watch the games by virtue of your recaps. With all due affection and respect, it boggles my mind that someone who both watches the games attentively and favors the Mavs could draw anything other than that conclusion, tbqh
It might surprise you to know that fans of every NBA team (probably every sports team, tbh) are convinced that the officials have it in for their team. It's an aspect of being a fan.

I don't like the errors, either. I get outraged by it, too. I don't necessary jump to the conclusion that there is a massive conspiracy being carried out against our particular team. But I guess it's not impossible, so if part of your desired MFFL experience is believing that, go for it! I'm not saying you're for sure wrong or anything.

Part of my point in bringing it up in that post in the summer of '18 was how DSJ's development was being crushed by the refs. His greatest strength was his driving ability, but the refs swallowed their whistles against objective fouls more than for the average rookie.

We live in the age of the perimeter-playing driver being the most favored players on the court by virtue of rules that all but outlaw perimeter defense. Luka gets to the line with one of the highest frequencies in the league, but only a third to a half of the times he should. Given his off-the-charts marketability, I don't see how that could be due to anything other than Cuban.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 106, Kings 110 - by Scott41theMavs - 12-11-2019, 01:33 PM