Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 106, Kings 110
(12-09-2019, 05:24 PM)audiosway Wrote: Great stuff as usual ML. I think honestly you saw a group of young guys that had played more games than they are used to come out tired. Not making excuses for them. Just reality of it all. They are a very young team top to bottom. And it's a very long season. When you have been traveling and playing hard that much it wears on you until you are used to it. I know they were tired because the Kings shot so well. That was just a lack of effort on the Mavs D. D is all about effort. It's hard to give when you are tired.

Games like that will be great for later in the season though. It's going to help them know what they need to do in being prepared.
Thanks, audiosway. Carlisle denied the fatigue factor, but I tend to think you are right. Changing time zones and spiking adrenaline rushes both take a lot out of the human body. That's just biological, not a character matter. 

In addition, I have noticed that the Mavs like to ease into games, and have had problems with teams that come out of the gate with a lot of force. Agree that this game should be useful in terms of making preparation adjustments.

(12-09-2019, 05:52 PM)omahen Wrote:
(12-09-2019, 05:45 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: L2M report confirms that the referees missed the foul on Luka's last shot.

Actually two no calls on Luka in last 2 minutes. No wonder he is pissed of at refs
Correct. The report also notes that Barea should have been called for a shooting foul on Barnes during that time frame. 

I think two things are both true. 

1.  It is extremely disappointing that the refs missed an easily spotted foul on a potentially game-changing play. The refs should be better. I understand why Luka is upset. 

2.  The Mavs have themselves to blame for the loss, and should not just sit back and feel like they did a great job but the refs stole the game. The Mavericks should be better. I understand why Carlisle is disappointed.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 106, Kings 110 - by mavsluvr - 12-09-2019, 06:01 PM