Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 106, Kings 110
(12-09-2019, 11:50 AM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: Getting some of these opponents into foul trouble or getting into the bonus early on some cheap fouls is how you get them to stop doing this crap.  It goes completely against long standing stereotypes, but our Euro star needs to learn the dark arts of flopping from his American counterparts.    Luka certainly isn't afraid to complain to the refs after the fact, but he's light years away from guys like Harden and CP3 are at selling the foul.        I almost wonder if many Euros are so sensitive about the stereotypes they go too far the other way.
Not sure about this. Luka is one of the top foul drawers in the NBA. I'd really hate to see him start doing what JJB did when Barnes hit him and they reviewed the play for clear path foul on KP. In that play, if JJB hadn't tried so hard to sell the foul, there's a good chance he recovers the ball and the play goes on. I realize that he sold the foul the next possession down the court and got the foul on Barnes, the selling job isn't necessarily what got the ref to blow the whistle though. 

The one thing we all agree on is Luka needs to stop talking to the refs after the fact. Let RC do that, he just needs to play the game. He's got nerves of steel, except when he gets rattled by no-calls. Not sure how much RC does this before the game, but I do remember reports of coaches trying to warm refs up before the game about how the team is fouling their guys. Lots of more subtle ways to attempt to accomplish what is wanted. I think this report of RC showing reporters the fouls called on Luka is one of those attempts. I hope it is an attempt to calm Luka down during the game so he can focus more on (I said moron) his and the team's play.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 106, Kings 110 - by ItsGoTime - 12-09-2019, 12:10 PM