Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 130, Pelicans 84
(12-08-2019, 01:22 PM)DrMav Wrote:
(12-07-2019, 07:04 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: FYI... IF you go back and look at the T from that girl ref....it looks like she flips him off when she gives him the T.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK23sg9bo30

2:00 for the T on KP, definitely looks like a middle finger thrown his way.

I thought it looked the same way during the game when Ingram got T'd up, but having a hard time finding any video of that.
Not sure how you can begin to tell. I find it hard to imagine that a ref would flip off a player, but if one did, that would be unacceptable, and the ref should be disciplined. Since referee discipline is not made public except in the most extreme circumstances, we would not know if it happened or not. 

Having said that, the onus is still on the player to control his emotions. A guy who can be baited is a guy who can cost his team points. I say that not to excuse any bad behavior by the refs. The team can always send film in to the league office, as a basis for possible discipline in an egregious case (which I would consider any disrespectful gesture by a ref to a player to be).
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 130, Pelicans 84 - by mavsluvr - 12-08-2019, 03:24 PM