Poll: How many threes do the Mavs make this game? O/U 14.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
60.00%
6 60.00%
Under
40.00%
4 40.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 2: UTA (1-1) vs. DAL (1-1)| 104-110 WIN!!!!!
(04-19-2022, 01:19 PM)Hogmelon Wrote: Still the same answer as last June ...

Fifteenth, I have plenty of opinions about all the math-related posts on this message board (and I'm a hardcore grammar Nazi too, but that's another story), but I mostly try to keep my mouth [keyboard] shut, because it seems like I rub the majority of the people here the wrong way.

Nevertheless ...

I will go out on a limb one more time by stating this:

1.  Kammrath, I love ya, man, but ...

2.  I agree sooooooooooooooooooooo much  with mvossman's "mind boggling" statement (see above).

Thanks HM! I remembered that I had asked you about your professional background after enjoying your math posts. I'm a math guy myself, just not a probability and statistics guy. 

Oh, and I think it's best not to think too much about what the forum things. Big Grin  I'd have to ditch lots of my posts if I was concerned about that. 

So, you're not in to raw +/-. That's not surprising. 

But what do you think about stats like Lebron, which try to bake the noise out of +/-? Any thoughts on that?

I personally like lineup data over extended periods of time. Not that I think I'm qualified to do much with it, but it's fun to look at, try to think through it...come up with some kind of amature analysis.
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 2: UTA (1-1) vs. DAL (1-1)| 104-110 WIN!!!!! - by fifteenth - 04-19-2022, 02:35 PM