Poll: How many threes do the Mavs make this game? O/U 14.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
60.00%
6 60.00%
Under
40.00%
4 40.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 2: UTA (1-1) vs. DAL (1-1)| 104-110 WIN!!!!!
(04-19-2022, 09:10 AM)mvossman Wrote: This feels like another argument based on small sample noisy data.  Its hard to imagine an argument for Powell being a better defender than Maxi.  Maxi is literally better at everything than Powell defensively.  I think Kidd is giving Maxi more minutes due to defense more so than offense.  I realize that not everything a player does shows up in the box score, but when your best arguments for a player (other than +/-) is screen setting and defensive organization, it seems a little like grasping for straws.

The reality is that we need both.  Personally I think both would be more effective coming off the bench and playing together, but we don't have that option right now.  With Luka out, you could make an argument for a closing lineup of Powell/Maxi/DFS/Din/Brunson if they could handle the minutes.

ha ha!!

mvoss, you're like this genius basketball poster with this giant Powell blind spot  Big Grin I blame it on your love for the traditional center...come on in to the future pal!!!  

OK, all that was just messing with you a bit. Good post, actually. 

I think Maxi is a better defender in several ways, than Powell. But DP doesn't just "set screens and organize the defense". It's ok to like Maxi (I do!!) without going reductionist on Powell. What he does well on defense is move his feet and be where he's supposed to be (5 guys on a string, and all that). But Maxi moves his feet really well too, of course. 

Regarding "moving your feet", footwork is a big deal in my opinion. And knowing where to be is a big deal. Everyone wanted Moses to get coached up because of his size and athleticism. But the dude has horrible footwork and doesn't know where to be. Imagine what would happen if he could do those two things!!
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 2: UTA (1-1) vs. DAL (1-1)| 104-110 WIN!!!!! - by fifteenth - 04-19-2022, 09:47 AM