Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A New Found Respect For Dwight Powell
(04-02-2022, 02:17 PM)F Gump Wrote: There's no argument that the Mavs can be improved in some way or another (even more than one). They're certainly not perfect, and if you have the opportunity to upgrade (for a reasonable cost), well yeah.

But the doom and gloom over today's team is getting absurd.

Your production, not your pedigree or acclaim, is the only objective criteria. By that standard, the Mavs roster is already on a par with or ahead of EVERY team except Phoenix and Memphis. Results, not "roster as we perceive it on paper," is what matters.

When the season ends, Dallas may have the 3rd best record, of everyone, and they are clearly playing on the same tier of success as all of Mia, Mil, Bos, Phil, GS, Utah, Denver. Those teams being lauded for their supposedly impeccable rosters are all flawed in one or more ways, just like the Mavs are, and "not good enough." The supposedly-superb Nets and Clippers won't even make the playoffs for sure, each still hoping to play their way in to one of the bottom seeds. You are who you are.

What doom and gloom? I guess you should know about Mavs2021 style by now. Other than that I didn't see any doom and gloom here. I think concerns about younger up and coming teams and teams that are missing even more than one key player and might be full strength next season are valid. The final goal is to be the top team, not the fourth team in the conference. 

I would add that playoffs are much different than regular season and I would say I am mostly concerned if regular season results will translate into playoffs.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A New Found Respect For Dwight Powell - by omahen - 04-02-2022, 02:57 PM