Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A New Found Respect For Dwight Powell
(04-01-2022, 01:49 PM)mvossman Wrote: Comments like "sorry for your loss" sound like your lumping me into the pro KP camp.  I am not.

I very much am. I think that, because you have been the most vocal about your distaste for the trade (by a large margin) and you have so often attempted to point out that Dinwiddie could've been had over the summer without giving up Porzingis (which we actually don't know) you must view his departure as some sort of significant loss. 

Am I wrong to think so?

(04-01-2022, 01:49 PM)mvossman Wrote: To be clear, that was a statement of fact, not an assessment.  I was referring to the teams defensive numbers when he is on the court vs off.

Yeah, I got it. I just don't think it's that simple. If the team was playing a style of defense that won't work in the playoffs in order to achieve those numbers (which, in my strongly held opinion, they were) does this even matter?

(04-01-2022, 01:49 PM)mvossman Wrote: I am glad he is gone.  I did not like the return we got originally, but am very pleased with what we are getting from Din, and now consider him a core piece.  I wish we had dumped KP in the offseason when we would have had more options to the hole left in our frontcourt.  Not sure it is necessary to jump on a post just because it says something mildly positive about KP.

I can get behind this. 

At the previous trade deadline would've been even better, but this helps me see where you're coming from.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A New Found Respect For Dwight Powell - by KillerLeft - 04-01-2022, 01:52 PM