Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A New Found Respect For Dwight Powell
(04-01-2022, 01:04 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I keep seeing you assert this. I couldn't disagree more. I do agree that he had some good moments this season, defensively, especially relative to last year. But, I don't think he was ever anything remotely close to a defensive difference maker during his time here, personally. Huge disappointment. 

Reasonable people can disagree, and I'm truly sorry for your loss. For me, every single day without Porzingis has been happier and more fun than the previous. This team is actually fun to follow again.

To be clear, that was a statement of fact, not an assessment.  I was referring to the teams defensive numbers when he is on the court vs off.

I don't know why folks have to wrap this into pro vs anti KP camps.  Comments like "sorry for your loss" sound like your lumping me into the pro KP camp.  I am not.  I think folks tend to be overly negative on him, especially after he is gone, and just trying to bring some perspective that is not tainted by hate/dislike.

I am glad he is gone.  I did not like the return we got originally, but am very pleased with what we are getting from Din, and now consider him a core piece.  I wish we had dumped KP in the offseason when we would have had more options to the hole left in our frontcourt.  Not sure it is necessary to jump on a post just because it says something mildly positive about KP.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A New Found Respect For Dwight Powell - by mvossman - 04-01-2022, 01:49 PM