Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does Jackson get inconsistent minutes
I think it comes down to having a ton of depth at the position and the team dynamic REQUIRING a defensive wing that happens to play his same position.  Was chatting earlier about acquiring Iggy and how that would further crunch minutes at the 2/3 where we already have a bunch of quality players needing minutes.  

I also think that TXBam nailed it that it is hard to look at the roster at that position and think of who really needs their minutes cut!  Mavs have a wealth of depth on the wing right now.  No one really outstanding, but all sort of have a good quality about them that we want to see!  I imagine we will need to cut into that depth a bit in a trade this season - or not.  We can ride out having a lot of different options at RC's disposal.  The good thing is that if we do end up trading a couple of them, no one is going to be sad to see any one of them pick up more minutes.  Again, that is a great position to be dealing from!  Another thing I imagine is that no one is looking to be moved.  I imagine not one of them would be excited about being the guy moved off of this team.  I think they all realize that this is a place to be and how good they have it.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why does Jackson get inconsistent minutes - by Mavsfan12 - 12-02-2019, 12:36 AM