Poll: Over/under: The amount of 3's Maxi and Reggie will make combined set at 5.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
66.67%
4 66.67%
Under
33.33%
2 33.33%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 75: UTA (45-30) @ DAL (46-29) | 114-100 win
I think this is part of the slog to the end of the season mixed with the rush for final positioning.  Feels like a weird time.  Mavs have had a few stinkers, but for the most part have been playing  well.   

I feel a little uneasy on my thoughts on the Mavs heading towards the playoffs even with the good play.   Maybe I am just being overly critical or get too consumed during games.   Clearly, I think the mavs are missing a front court player...especially with Maxi's struggles on offense.   Mavs have been able to play around this shortcoming in a lot of games, but I just fear it is going to stick out like a sore thumb in the playoffs.   

During games my biggest groans are when we never push the ball on fast breaks.   It is almost like we are allergic to getting easy baskets.  I really hope we fix this moving forward in the Kidd tenure.   The other thing that bothers me is when we have no pass Luka possessions early in games.  Even if he makes them.  I just feel like the offense has no movement besides getting a switch on Luka on a defender he wants to go at.   I feel the ball movement is much better, most times, when he is on the bench.   But, at times I feel I am being too critical because how special Luka is and I should realize he will do some poor things but you have to give him freedom to get the really great stuff.   

The offense looks so much better when we are hitting threes.    It can't be counted on every game though.  I liked how we got to the Free thrown line last night and limited Utah to the line.  It is one of the really nice things about Dinwiddie's game with the baskets at the rim.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 75: UTA (45-30) @ DAL (46-29) | 114-100 win - by Chicagojk - 03-28-2022, 09:53 AM