Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEWS: Donnie Nelson sues Dallas Mavericks
Really curious what Donnie's "inappropriate behavior" was and if that also had to do with Rick's departure.  "Fabricated" is also an incredibly strong word to use.

The fact that Donnie is saying he didn't know about the investigation but the Mavs and NBA are saying that's not the case is super shady to me.  Combine that with the fact that he's clearly the source of the Haralabob story and a lot of this is feeling like Donnie was/is doing everything he could to save his career here after something awful was dug up.

Cuban is a scumbag about this stuff and very delusional when it comes to the impact of keeping folks around after incidents like this but that lawsuit comes off as very petty and not very thought through (you're reporting something that's already been investigated and the nba already knew you were going to get fired so you know this is a losing battle).  

It almost feels like this is going to get a lot worse for Donnie but if the Mavs sitting on hard evidence of Donnie's misbehavior I don't know why they wouldn't air it out now.  It would both clear their name AND it would show "hey we actually are cleaning out our closet of some of the wrongdoing".  The fact that they aren't makes me feel like both sides are probably going to look like scumbags if the truth came out.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson sues Dallas Mavericks - by StrandedOnBeauboisHill - 03-18-2022, 11:12 AM