Poll: Who finishes the game with more points?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Tatum
14.29%
1 14.29%
Luka
85.71%
6 85.71%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 68: DAL (42-26) vs. BOS (41-28)| 95-92 WIN!
(03-14-2022, 06:00 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: There are very few starting C's on that list that don't have their way with Powell. There are also only a couple starting C's on that list that I take Powell over (Looney and Plumlee...if Drummond comes on a small salary that allows us to sit him when he isn't effective, I prefer him over Powell to start), and the ones I'd do it with, the teams are looking strongly to improve that position. If Powell played bigger than he is like Green or Adebayo does (extreme names I know), I wouldn't be having this conversation, but he doesn't. Some of the backup names have their way with Powell even, but I take Powell's contribution over theirs as a backup.

I don't share this opinion entirely, but I appreciate this post because it's a good place to look at what other teams are managing with two bigs. 

Rather than talk about Powell, I would ask what are the Mavericks are look for. If I had to guess, I think it's something like Boston or Toronto rather than something like Utah or New Orleans. You don't need a 7-footer as much as you need an athletic banger who can move his feet and move out on the perimeter. You need someone more muscular than Powell.

While Powell frequently can be out-muscled, at the end of the game he statistically beats out many of those other centers by doing other things and not making mistakes. Still, I agree that we need a big with more muscle inside even if Powell is still around.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 68: DAL (42-26) vs. BOS (41-28)| 95-92 WIN! - by Winter - 03-15-2022, 07:20 AM