Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 120, Suns 113
Derek Nowitzki Wrote:A great win, and I’m loving what the team has been doing lately, but the negatives that are really standing out to me are:

Too many possessions with Luka dribbling for 20 seconds and then hoisting up ridiculous step back 3’s... they look great when they go in, but often feels like a wasted possession.

It seems Seth has been reduced to just a bit-part spot-up shooter role... I could be wrong, but I feel like his first stint with us, he actually did well as a shot creator; would like to see him given some chances to run things, or at least have more plays called for him.

What is Dwight Powell doing out there?
I'm not liking what I see with Curry either. He's a spot up shooter, but doesn't seem to be hitting as many open looks. He's currently at almost 38% on three attempts, but we're talking about a guy that was at 44% on threes for a career coming into the season. Which has him top 5 all time.  So you can feel those handful of extra misses so far this year.  Curry has a role here, but he's also expendable if we had to add him to a trade.

Powell? I don't even want to get started on him. He is worthless so far this year. He looked good the 2nd half of last season, but he's not the same player at the moment.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 120, Suns 113 - by Nowitzki Way - 11-30-2019, 10:34 AM